Monday, August 2, 2010

Dad's Famous Pork Loin

If you've ever attended a meal hosted by my mom and dad you've probably been
served this pork loin.  It's very versatile and easily served with about any side dish.  I think tonight I'll be serving it with cheesy potatoes and green beans.  By the way, I noticed that one of our local grocery stores has boneless pork loin on sale for $1.39 a pound!  That's so CHEAP Cheaper than hamburger cheap.  Such a good deal for a lean, quality meat.  Do I sound like a hog farmers daughter? 
My dad would be proud!

The loin I bought was a little over 4 pounds.  I cut it in half and used half for supper and froze half for another meal.  I would say the recipe below would serve 4-5.

2 lb boneless pork loin
1 T. onion powder
1  T. garlic salt
1/2 t. pepper
1/2 ground cloves





Mix the seasonings together in a bowl, then rub on pork loin before grilling.  Place on aluminum foil.  As far as the grilling goes, I think it's best to just experiment with your grill.  We have a gas grill and I grilled the meat on low.   I came across something that said it would take 20 minutes per pound, but mine took a little longer than that.  The most important thing to remember is that your meat needs to reach 160 degrees.  My sister said they usually remove their loin from the grill at 150 degrees so that they don't dry the meat out.  The meat will continue to cook a little once you remove it.  
Pin It

No comments: