Monday, August 9, 2010

A Fathers Love...What a Witness

In church on Sunday I felt really emotional.  Could be that I'm going to have a baby, or that Red Shoes has surgery in a few days.  Whatever the case my heart was in a pretty raw state. 

For the last few months there's been a man who we sit in front of.  He's there with his son who is probably in his early to mid-twenties.  His son is mentally handicapped. During the worship portion of church he loves to sing.  He doesn't know the words, he won't ever know the words.  There are people who look back at them curiously.  Five years ago I think I would have been really distracted by him too. 

Since having my own children my heart has changed.  Because you know what?  It doesn't matter that he doesn't know the words or that his singing is off key.  I truly believe that his is the most purest form of worship.  It is so apparent that he is singing out to our Lord with everything he has. 

And his dad...what an inspiration he is to me.  His is a love so deep, so strong, so courageous.  I listen to this dad, encouraging his son, letting him know when the song is over and letting him know when he needs to stop singing  He does this with such love, patience and grace. To me he is a beautiful illustration of how our Father, our Creator, loves ALL of us. 

Check this out... Pin It

No comments: