Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red Shoes Turns 5!

Recently we celebrated Red Shoes' birthday with a sock monkey birthday party.  It was a fun night and he enjoyed celebrating with his friends and family.  It was a fun party to plan for.  In preparing for it I purchased my first item off of Etsy.  I bought it from Jennifer at Parties by Hardie.  You can find her shop HERE. She specializes in printable parties.  I spent $10.00 and she sent me a file that I could print all kinds of goodies from...cupcake toppers, birthday banners, party hats, thank you notes and more.   I was very happy with my first Etsy purchase and would highly recommend her shop.  I purchased it one night and the next morning it was waiting in my email inbox.  Here's some pictures from our party.
I bought a 2 inch scalloped punch from Michael's and used double sided tape to adhere the monkeys to the candy jars.
Party Hats
I used the scalloped punch for the cupcake toppers too.  I just used double sided tape to stick them to lollipop sticks. I used Wilton's Cookies & Creme Crunch Sprinkles for the top of the cupcakes.  It reminded me of sock monkey material.  I also found the sprinkles at Michael's.  I used a butter cream frosting recipe that can be found HERE.  If you want to know how to decorate them go HERE.
Red Shoes, the 5 year old!  Seems hard to believe. He loved his monkey t-shirt.  It's becoming a birthday tradition in our family (see here).  He wanted his brother and sister to have one too.  I just bought some dark t-shirt transfer sheets and made them from the files Jennifer sent. 
Had to move all the goodies so we could actually use our table to eat on!
Happy 5th Red Shoes! 
We love you so much!
Pin It

No comments: