Thursday, May 20, 2010

In the Garden...

I'm into Square Foot Gardening.  I'm kind of lazy, and I have a VERY small yard, and even if I didn't (or wasn't) I would prefer this method of gardening.  Here's a few pictures of my gardens as of today May 20, 2010.  I still need to get my peppers in.  It just keeps raining so I've been waiting.  Please excuse the weeds...I really need to do something about them! The good news is that once I get motivated (or it stops raining) it will take no time at all to turn this garden into a weedless wonder!






As you can see some of the broccoli, cabbage & cauliflower leaves look a little rough.  We had some hail a few weeks ago.  In addition to that I found Red Shoes & Happy Feet wondering through the garden which is stictly forbidden!  I guess they forgot? 

Oh, and if you were wondering...the cucumbers will grow up vertical supports.  I still need to get the netting up...need to do that very soon! 

Here's my raised bed:


Here's what I hope the fruits of my labor will look like:
Lemon Boy Tomato

Black Krim Tomato  (I got this tomato plant from a sweet new friend.  I dearly hope that it makes it!)

Supersweet 100 Cherry Tomato

Roma

Better Boy
Onions
Green Bell Peppers

Mild Jalapeno Pepper
Armenian Cucumbers- My mom plants these every year.  They are delicious!  I like how they have a thin skin and are very crunchy!

 
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
I know...I don't have squares designated for the zucchini or squash.  I'm hoping to come up with some room somewhere.  Maybe when the cauliflower, broccoli and cabbage come out?  I'll plant it before their harvest.

I'll post pictures periodically of my little gardens.  I'll even be honest if they turn out terrible. 
Pin It

No comments: