Monday, May 10, 2010

The Rainbow Cake

Happy Feet just turned two.  I got this idea for her birthday cake here.  She's one of my favorite bloggers.   Was this a good idea? I thought so at the time....
While Happy Feet took her afternoon nap, Red Shoes and I attempted the Rainbow Cake. 
 He was completely excited to make this cake together. 
We only had one near disaster...Red Shoes thought it would be fun to mix the batter.  Who wouldn't right?  Luckily, I was able to spoon out the red batter that made its way into the yellow batter. 

See that plate of rainbow scraps?  Red Shoes got to snack on that while I frosted the cake...actually here he's licking frosting out of a cup. 
Okay, maybe this wasn't a good idea...Any guesses as to what my kitchen floor looked like?
Here's the finished product.  Okay, I guess it was worth it!
Just makes you happy to look at it, let alone eat it
Two days later...
Okay, maybe this wasn't a good idea after all.  This is how I found Happy Feet this morning while I checked my email. It was VERY quiet in the house...I knew she was up to something.
She climbed up the pull handles on the drawers to get to her scrumptious rainbow cake.
Who can blame her? When she saw me she said, "mmmmmm". No, I didn't let her keep eating it.

Pin It

No comments: