Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Parterre Gardening

   Do you know what a parterre garden is? I didn't either, not until my mom and dad designed one. According to Wikipedia, "a parterre is a formal garden construction on a level surface consisting of planting beds, edged in stone or tightly clipped hedging, and gravel paths arranged to form a pleasing, usually symmetrical pattern. Parterres need not have any flowers at all."

  As we've started having some warmer days my thoughts lead to gardening.  I was looking at pictures on my computer and came across my mom and dad's garden. Their beautiful, beautiful garden.  Thought I would share it with you today. 










Aren't they lovely?  Hope you have a happy, cheerful day today!
Pin It

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I am thinking of planting a garden, and this leaves me a little overwhelmed. There is so much I do not know! :)

Anonymous said...

I need to get going on this years garden, need to do some planning.