Monday, June 4, 2012

Celebrating 66 Years with a Garden Party

This weekend my mom hosted a garden party.  It was a truly magnificent day.  We celebrated my grandparents 66th wedding anniversary with a brunch.  It was a girls only event.  Except for my grandpa...I think he kind of liked it that way. 

Mom asked all of the girls to dress up (that request isn't ever made).  She had us contribute to the meal and based the menu assignments on stuff we had pinned on Pinterest.  That made it interesting.  I made miniature frittatas.  Everything was delicious. 

We spent the entire day outside.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  We enjoyed catching up and just enjoying each others company.  We also got to meet my cousins sweet little girl.  She's seriously the happiest baby ever.

There was so much to celebrate.  Life is so precious, and God is so good!  I'm so glad he gave me Grandpa and Grandma D as an example of what marriage should be.  They are still madly in love and make each other laugh.  I love them.  I'm so glad to have their example in my life. 
 
The table setting



Celebrating 66 years of my grandparents' marriage

My cousin and her precious baby

My momma and my sisters, and me

I love this picture! I love how everyone is so loving this new little life.

Pin It

No comments: