Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Ever

I've been making these for a long time.  They are the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I've ever come across.  I found it on the site Top Secret Recipes. It's a fun website that clones the things you might eat at a restaurant.  Some of my favorites include their McDonald's Breakfast Burrito and Cherry Limeades from Sonic Drive In.   I made these years ago when the website allowed you to access all of their recipes for free.  Now, some refer you to the cookbook which they want you to buy and others are still free.  Most of the recipes I've tried have been very good, and right on with what they are trying to replicate.  Try these cookies, you won't be disappointed.

1 cup butter, softened
2 cups brown sugar
6 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
 3 1/2 cups flour
1 tablespoon instant coffee
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
  • Cream the butter with the sugars until fluffy
  • Beat in the eggs and the vanilla
  • Combine the dry ingredients and beat into the butter mixture
  • Stir in the chocolate chips
  • Drop by large spoon fulls onto a greased cookie sheet
  • Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes (I used a baking stone and mine take around 12 minutes)
Made about 35 cookies.  I used my Pampered Chef little scooper.  I love that thing! Pin It

No comments: