Monday, October 11, 2010

Autumn in Mom's House and Yard

It's a beautiful fall morning here.  It's raining and oh so cozy.  One of those mornings where your coffee tastes extraordinarily good.  And for the first time in a long time I have just a little free time to blog. 

We spent this weekend in Nebraska visiting my parents.  It was nice.  Red Shoes and Happy Feet got to help with the pigs and Red Shoes got to ride in the combine. They also got to play with their cousins. They didn't want to leave.

While we were there Red Shoes and I made this cake for his pre-school class.  They have been learning about rainbows and colors, so I thought they might enjoy it.  It had been a while since Red Shoes and I had cooked together so that was a nice treat.  It was also wonderful to have the help of my mom with the other two so we could actually cook.  The cake looked beautiful when we left, but by the time we made it home it had done some MAJOR sliding and some cracking.  That made for one more can of frosting...upping the number to 4 cans!  Red Shoes' teachers and the other parents might not be too happy with me today. 

Here's some pictures of my mom's house and yard.  She's got such a gift for celebrating seasons and holidays.

I think I've mentioned before that mom's a very good gardener.  The proof is in the pumpkins.

We call this the "batkin"


Mom made this jack-o-lantern banner last year.

This was made last year too.

This is a vellum Halloween lantern that mom made.  You can find the directions here



Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh come on show what the cake looked like. Jessie