Thursday, December 16, 2010

What Will You Do?

On Tuesday Red Shoes' preschool class had a field trip.  They started out at our local library for story time and then went to a nursing home to spread some Christmas cheer.  The preschool class spent time beforehand making ornaments for the residents.  When we arrived at the nursing home everyone was in the dining room eating their lunch.  The kids went in and sang some songs. Then it was time to hand out the ornaments that they had made.  I watched as Red Shoes looked for someone to give an ornament to.  He was a little shy, but he walked around and handed them out. He really seemed to enjoy what he was doing.

It blessed my heart so much to watch my son bring joy to the lives of others.
I didn't even think to take my camera with me.  I had my cell phone though so I was able to get a few shots (not very good).  As soon as the kids started singing I just knew what they were doing was very special.  This is what Christmas is all about.  Caring for others.

I never expected my heart to be so full from a field trip..but it is.   This Christmas it doesn't matter how young or how old you are, how rich or how poor you may be, or even how sad or how happy you feel.  You can do something for someone.  My question to you is this.. what will you do?
1 John 4:10-11

This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.







Pin It

No comments: