Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Break

I had a wild and crazy spring break last week.  I hauled three kids to Nebraska to visit my family and a dear friend from high school. We had a great time! The first night I stayed with my sister and helped take care of our combined 5 kids (5 and under). We actually got to take a nice long walk together (with only Swoosh) and really visit.  That was nice. 

The next day I drove to Lincoln to visit my friend Natalie.  I hadn't seen her for like two years. Happy Feet and her daughter were just babies during our last visit.  She made us lunch and took us to a little park for a picnic.  The weather was so nice, and it was fun to watch our little ones play together. Not to mention getting to catch up with her a little bit...while actually looking at her.   We waited too long to do that. 
When I left Natalie's I went to my parents home...the home that I grew up in. Mom had been visiting my other sister and brought my nephew back. Here he is...
The kids spent hours playing in the sand, on the playground and running with wild abandon exploring farm life. It was good. 
These little guys are my other nephews (they're brothers)
The kids are really starting to play together and get along.  At one point we went 20 minutes without one squabble.  That's huge.  It's fun to watch the kids build these friendships with their cousins.  I'll post more pictures when I have time. There's lots more to share. 

Pin It

No comments: