Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flowers from Vo Tech...

Yesterday I loaded up the kids and we went shopping for flowers.  There's a local vocational technology school that has a Green House Management class. This flower sale was all of their doing.  They plant the flowers and tend to them they do all of the sales...this is a big fund raiser for the class.  In my life before kids, I worked as a school counselor, and I would help students sign up for classes like these.  I have a soft spot in my heart for Vo Tech kids, and this is one event I look forward to all year long.  The students are always so helpful and so proud of their work.  I love that!

I let Red Shoes and Happy Feet pick out some flowers that they wanted.  Here's a glimpse of our morning...

It didn't feel like flower planting weather...it was a chilly morning. 
Don't you love the Cheerio that's riding on Red Shoes?
The kids made a friend at the sale.  This girl was so sweet.  She let them water some flowers and
taught them a few things about gardening.  I hope she told them to keep their tractors, shovels, and various other forms of "diggers" out of the garden...if we're able to grow anything this year it's going to be a miracle! 
It was a great morning with the kids. Happy Feet and I did some planting in the afternoon.  I haven't met a kid yet that doesn't like gardening.  It's such a good thing to do together.  Pin It

No comments: