Thursday, July 22, 2010

Blessings


Last week there were two different ladies who really blessed me.  One of them was a woman who called because she knew that Red Shoes would probably be having surgery soon, and she remembered that our baby was due soon too.  She left a message saying that she had been remembering our family during this time.  When I called her back we had a nice conversation.  She's such an amazing woman.  She broke her hip last winter and could choose to focus her attention on herself, or her needs, but instead she wanted to make sure we knew she was thinking of us. 

The other was an elderly woman that my husband and kids ran into at breakfast on Saturday morning.  She gave the kids M&M's.  Whenever she sees them she always asks if they can have them.  Anyway, I had errands to run that morning & my husband knew I needed some "alone" time.  When I arrived home there was a message from her wondering when Red Shoes' birthday was and how old he is.  She wanted to be able to send him a card for his birthday when it comes around.  When I called her back we talked about Red Shoes' upcoming surgery.  She had asked my husband earlier that morning if she could put him on the prayer chain at her church.  He was happy to agree.  When I talked to her she said that Red Shoes was on the prayer chain at three different church's.  We will gladly take all the prayers we can get. 

It is so cool when people step out in faith to lift you or your family/situation up to God.  I want to strive to do the same.  It really doesn't even take that much.  I think many times I talk myself out of doing anything, because I try to turn it into too much.  It doesn't take a lot to make people feel loved and cared for.  Phone calls in this situation...and I'm still thinking of those women who really moved me, and how they have cared for me and my family. Pin It

No comments: