Friday, July 23, 2010

Grandma's Cucumber Salad
This is a salad that has been made in my family for many, many years.  Maybe it's not that uncommon, I don't know.  It always reminds me of my precious grandma though. You will always find this on her dinner table during the summer time.  It's a very simple and good recipe. I'll give you the recipe that makes a lot, but I would say a family of four would probably want to half-it. 

 All you need:
7-8 Cucumbers, peeled and sliced
1 Small Onion, preferably red, sliced
1 Cup Miracle Whip
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup White Vinegar

Just slice up your cucumbers and onions.  Notice the edges on the cucumbers pictured below.  Grandma taught me how to do this when I was very young.  All you do is peel the cucumber, then take a fork and score it all the way down the length of the cucumber.  It just gives it a little pizazz.
In a separate bowl combine the Miracle Whip, sugar and vinegar.  Mix it well and then pour it on top of the cucumbers and onions.  Stir.  That's all there is to it!
Pin It

No comments: