Friday, September 17, 2010

Baby Bowen


From the blog, "Bowen's Heart" written by his father, Matt Hammitt...after almost losing his newborn son Bowen to a serious heart condition. 

"As I lovingly stared into Bowen’s eyes just before midnight, my face only inches from his chest, I thought, “this love is an awesome mess.” I know I’m not the first person to think or to say something like that. Many great works of art have titles that are reminiscent of those words. I believe it’s because tension is the place where the worst of life and the best of true hope meet to unveil our eyes to God’s artistic work of redemption. What a mighty and creatively loving God we serve. He allows us to know great pain, so that we can know the greater pleasure of trading it in for purpose."

Please check out this blog.  It is written by Matt Hammitt, singer for the Christian Band, Sanctus Real.  Matt and his wife Sarah just became parents to Bowen on September 9th.  They new early on in Sarah's pregnancy because of an ultrasound, that Bowen would be born with Hypoplastic left heart syndrome (HLHS). This occurs when parts of the left side of the heart don't develop completely.

This blog follows Bowen and his parents as they make this journey.  Their faith is absolutely amazing. 

I don't know if it's because I just had a baby, or because I've been a parent sitting in that NICU full of uncertainty, but this story has really touched my heart.  Please pray for baby Bowen and his family. Pin It

No comments: