Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Celebration of Love & Life

Over the weekend we traveled to Omaha, NE to attend a "Celebration of Love & Life". My husband and I encountered repeated miscarriages before Red Shoes, Happy Feet and Baby were born. It was through my next door neighbor that I learned about Dr. Hilgers, the director of the Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Human Reproduction in Omaha, NE.  He is a senior medical consultant in obstetrics, gynecology, reproductive medicine and surgery at Pope Paul VI Institute.  He's also an associate clinical professor at Creighton University School of Medicine in obstetrics and gynecology. 

To make a long story short (I'll save it for another blog entry) he discovered the reasons I kept having miscarriages.  I found his Institute so different from other medical practices I had visited.  Dr. Hilgers and his staff seemed to profoundly care about me and the losses that we had encountered. 

Fast forward about six years and we have three beautiful children that we love so deeply.  We will always be grateful to Dr. Hilgers and the wonderful staff at the Pope Paul VI Institute.  This Celebration of Love and Life was a celebration of the lives that have been touched by the work of the Institute and Dr. Hilgers and his staff.  There were all kinds of activities for the kids...pony rides, games, inflatables, etc. It was a "family reunion" of sorts.  We really wanted to be there to personally thank Dr. Hilgers and introduce him to our week old baby and the rest of the family. 

There was one moment during the morning that I just had to pull it together.  I was just thinking about how much our lives had changed in the last 6 years.  How my husband and I had gone from a couple who loved each other and desired so deeply to be able to have a family together, to walking around this reunion with our three children.  Walking beside them as they rode ponies, looked at emergency vehicles and played lots of games.  God is so good, and we are so blessed!  Here's some pictures from the day:



Dr. Hilgers and our family of five

Thank you Dr. Hilgers and Pope Paul VI Institute and Happy Anniversary!
Pin It

1 comment:

mikroenjeksiyon said...

It's very interesting. Thanks to the author.