Thursday, September 2, 2010

Welcome to the Family!

Ecclesiastes 11:5

As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things.

Our new baby has arrived.  He is such a miracle and blessing to our family.  After carrying him for 9 months I still can't believe that he is ours...that he was formed in my body...beyond my comprehension.  He was born on my my mom and dad's anniversary...one day before his due date. 

The delivery was surreal really.  I had been fretting over it for weeks. Wondering if I would make it to the hospital in time, wondering what I would do with Red Shoes and Happy Feet, and on and on and on!  God took care of everything like he always does.  My water broke around 3:45 a.m.  My husband called our neighbor and she and her daughter came over and stayed with the kids until my sister could get to our house.  So, we were able to get out the door quickly.  The hospital was about 45 minutes away.  We arrived around 4:30 a.m. and  had our baby by 5:12 a.m.!  It was so quick and I could feel the presence of God with me.  It was a very cool experience.  He's a big one...born at 8 pounds 13 ounces and 21 inches long. 

There's a feeling of completeness now, like everyone has finally arrived at the party!    Thank you God for this beautiful miracle. 








I'm working on coming up with a "blog name" for our baby.  Any ideas?  My brain is pretty foggy right now due to lack of sleep. 



Baby's first bath at home...it was a family affair.  Red Shoes and Happy Feet
 thought it was great fun!





Welcome to our family baby!  We love you!
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Casey
Hope you guys are doing good. I showed Grandma and Grandpa these pict. today and they said oh she looks so happy. He is very alert. Look at all that hair. They really liked seeing all the pict. Love Jessie