Sunday, February 13, 2011

Menu Plan Monday **February 14-20**

Happy Valentine's Day from my little characters...



I saw this idea on a lot of blogs...most recently over at 320 Sycamore. She can tell you how to do this.  Really easy!  You still have a little bit of time.  I just finished the kids'  up.

I have a seven day menu plan for you this week.  I'll be honest.  I only made one thing (the zesty chicken casserole) off of the menu I posted last week.  It wasn't very good either.  Don't worry, our diet is still in tact, but I'm on a serious quest to eat well and enjoy what I eat while on this diet.  I came across an awesome cookbook from who else but Taste of Home. I think they should hire me...I know I'm one of their biggest fans.  Anyway, the name of the cookbook is Taste of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook.  So far I've made the Black Bean & Rice Enchiladas (271 calories) and the Hamburger Noodle Casserole (290 calories). We enjoyed both of them.  Every recipe on the menu this week comes from the cookbook. I've included all of the links for you, and you should be able to access all of the nutritional info at the bottom of the recipe if you're interested.  I have a few pictures to share with you...one for the enchiladas but I've got to warn you.  I remembered that I should take a picture of it a little late.  I was so hungry that it was half gone by the time I thought of it. Not pretty, just being truthful!

Monday- Black Bean and Rice Enchiladas

Tuesday-
Chicken Marsala

Wednesday-
Glazed Pork Medallions

Thursday-
Texas Ranch Style Stew

Friday-
Hamburger Noodle Casserole

Saturday-
Spaghetti Pie

Sunday-
Sunday Chicken Supper

Last week after the zesty chicken casserole experience I remembered that there was someone on orgjunkie.coms "Menu Planning Monday" who started posting figure friendly meal plans.  I found Cynthia at What's for Dinner and made her Pork Chops with Blue Cheese Sauce. Wow! It was incredibly good.  You really should try that one out.  Here's a picture.


 Okay, one last thing..look who started eating baby food this weekend...sure seems like everything is about food around here lately.


More menu plans can be found at:
Pin It

No comments: