Thursday, December 10, 2009

Barnyard Babyshower

My youngest sister is about to have her second baby any day.  As I've been thinking about the arrival of my new neice or nephew, I've been thinking about baby showers.   After my sister had her first baby we threw her a Barnyard babyshower.  She is a farmer, so we decided that was perfect theme!  We had so much fun planning this day and making it really special for her.  Here's some pictures from the day:

The Invitation:



For decorations we went with balloons from Oriental Trading that were in a cow print, we were also able to order the red checked table clothes from there too.  If you're interested you can find the balloons at: http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=12&sku=70/3496&mode=Searching&erec=0&D=cow+balloons&Ntt=cow+balloons&Ntk=all&Dx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&Ntx=mode%2bmatchallpartial&N=0&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&sd=Cow+Print+Latex+Balloons

My mom made the barn that you see pictured below.  She's amazing!  It really added a nice touch.  When it was time for my sister to open her presents she sat on the hay bale. 






We placed these suckers (also from Oriental Trading) in grass for a few of the centerpieces. 
The kids loved these!




For the rest of the centerpieces we used arrangements that my mom
made up from her many beautiful gardens.





We strung some fishing line and used clothes pins to hang paper onesies.  All of the guests were asked to write something on the onesies (words of encouragement, parenting tips, etc.) 


We had a nice assortment of food for the brunch.  This is my mom getting the yogurt bar ready.  We used the three-tier basket to include granola, berries, you know all of the good toppings.  This was a hit!


Pictured at left are some barnyard sugar cookies my mom made.  To the right...yogurt parfaits


Guests going through the buffet. 
On the menu was:

Egg Casserole
Link Sausage
Cinnamon Rolls
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Yogurt Parfaits
Sugar Cookies
Bean Dip
Veggie Tray
Fizzy Lemonade (a mixture of lemonade and Sprite)
Tea
Coffee

This was one of the games we played.  It's called the "Sweet Baby Game".  Guests try to match which candy/candybar goes with each statement.  For instance, "Tummy after Pregnancy"  the answer would be Jelly Belly. 


Guests played Baby Shower Bingo while my sister opened her gifts.  It gave them something
to do and the winner received a nice gazpacho basket.


My sister watching as her family loves on her new baby.


My other sister holding Happy Feet.  She helped coordinate this shower. 
We love planning parties!







My mom with her two granddaughters.  Maybe this new baby will make three? 


The Guest of Honor...








The little kids cluster...doesn't my sister look like a great mom? 
She is!


Here's my sister, and her father in law is pictured in the background.  I love this picture.  It's like you can see how excited he is to be a grandpa!
Pin It

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey chickie great stuff makes me think back to that very special day. i'll do a mom thing here - you forgot to show the cute jars that the lemonmade and tea were served in thats all other wise the blog is perfect. ha ha love mom