Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas Placemats

I'm hosting Christmas this year on my husbands side of the family.  I was brainstorming one day and came up with this placemat idea.  I enjoy old pictures and finding ways to use them.  I decided to try making placemats using pictures from Christmas's past.  There will be a picture of every family member at the dinner.  I think it will make for some fun conversation. 

I just hit my mother in law up for some old pictures.  I scanned them into my computer





Using Googles free Picasa program I selected full page for the print layout. 
I turned all of the photos into black and whites to make it more timeless. 


I took some black construction paper and used it for the backing, then centered the picture on top. 
Then I ran it through the laminator.

Here's the finished product! 






They were a hit!  It gave the family things to talk about, and I liked how it involved the young and the old.  It was neat to see my guests just float around the tables looking at all of the placemats as they rekindled old memories. This could even be a nice gift idea for your friends or family.
Pin It

No comments: