Friday, December 4, 2009

Then and Now Going Inside the House...

Here's what our house looked like when my Realtor husband showed it to me for the first time.  I always pictured us in an older, more historic home.  Yet, this house was a really good deal and the maintanence was going to be minimal.  It was located in a small town which we really liked.  It was located right in the middle of our jobs.  Long story short, we ended up in the house.  Almost 7 years and 2 kids later we are very happy to call this our home. 

BEFORE



AFTER

The color of the walls is Winter Wheat.  It's Behr paint from Home Depot.  We replaced most of the light fixtures in the house.  We didn't do this right away, actually it was probably about two years ago when our budget allowed it.  It has made a big difference.

BEFORE


We traded out the stove and microwave for something just a little different, replaced the ceiling fan and did a lot of painting.  I'm starting to wonder about this red paint.  What do you think?  I would like to have my husband tile the backsplash for me.  Eventually we would also like to replace the vinyl flooring with some hardwood floors.

                                                               AFTER


BEFORE


AFTER



Other pictures from around the house...




Pin It

No comments: