Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Decorating for Christmas

I love Christmas and since having kids I really love it!  I enjoy seeing it through their eyes.  Everything is so new and magical.  Red Shoes has his train going around the Christmas tree.  That made his week!  He only gets to run it when his dad comes home.  It would drive me crazy otherwise~  He and his sister are always plotting ways to derail it.   Happy Feet looks at the decorations and says, "pretty".  Gotta like that!

While I love decorating and making things special and memorable I'm also practical and simple. You really have to be when you have young kids. Or at least I have to be. 
Here's some of what I've done:


I found this centerpiece on the Southern Living website.  It's so simple. Just take a triffle bowl and fill it with limes, berries, oranges and greenery.  I threw some pine cones in too.


This is what's on top of my cupboards in my kitchen.  I don't really like it.  It sems cluttered and unorganized.  Anybody have any good ideas for this space?


I hung some snowflakes in the hallway.  The kids enjoy them and the hallway seems like a good place to hang them.  I tried other places, but it seemed like too much.





This is the Little People Nativity set that my mom & dad purchased for Red Shoes a few Christmas's ago.  He and his sister LOVE it!  It's kept them busy since yesterday when I revealed it after their naps. 
As they are playing we talk about Jesus and why we celebrate Christmas.

Pin It

No comments: