Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sickness, Scrapbooks, Food and Fellowship...a Little Bit of Everything

Here's what's been going on around here over the last few days...

I took Happy Feet to the Doctor yesterday.  She tested positive for Strep 3-4 weeks ago.  She hasn't quite looked like her old self since. Her behavior indicates that she's feeling better (lots of fighting with her brother). She had diarrhea all day on Sunday and then broke out in this rash all over her body.
They re-tested her and she doesn't have Strep.  That's good.  Hope it all passes quickly. This morning she said her ear hurt.  I didn't hear anymore from her about it so I didn't call the Doctor or take her back in.  I REALLY didn't want to have to spend another morning there.  Is that bad?

Red Shoes had another snow day yesterday.  It's been snowing a lot lately.  It was  a beautiful snow. 
I pulled Red Shoes' wooden Thomas the Train set out of his closet.  It's something he gets to play with just every once in a while.  It keeps it a little more special that way.  I don't think he looked up for two hours.  I'm serious.
My week of celebrity menu planning is going well.  I've been enjoying the challenge of some new recipes.  Ina's Roasted Shrimp and Orzo did not disappoint.  It was fabulous! You must try it.  My sister was over today so I gave her sample.  She's a tough food critic.  She took a bite and said, "this tastes like it came from the Food Network".  I'll take that!  I will definitely make this one again.  Red Shoes found the shrimp a little suspect though.  That's okay I guess, I didn't start liking shrimp until just a few years ago.
I went to women's bible study at our church.  We're studying No Other Gods (The Living Room Series) by Kelly Minter. It looks like it will be a good study and it feels so good to be in fellowship with other women. I've really been needing that.
 Tonight I made Paula Deen's Chicken Pot Pie.  Whoa. It was good, but I won't make that one again.  Way too much fat.  It called for a quart, yep that's right, an entire quart of heavy cream and a third cup of butter.  It had a nice taste, just won't do it again.  I messed up and bought puff pastry shells instead of the regular sheets.  I made do though.  Red Shoes thought it was superb. I'm glad I did my treadmill workout.
The highlight of today was receiving my scrapbook pages from Persnickety Prints.  I created them using Googles free Picasa program.  It cost $1.99 per 12x12 page.  The quality is outstanding.  I'm definitely sold on this company.  I would spend so much more buying the supplies needed for scrap booking, and I've never been a good "traditional" scrapbooker.  I found out about Persnickety from Sarah over at Clover Lane.  She's one of my favorite bloggers.  If you are interested in learning how to do scrapbooks electronically rather than the traditional way you will want to read THIS. Awesome tutorial. 

Here's the pages that came today for the kids' birthday books.  The pictures don't really show the quality of the prints.  Trust me.

For Happy Feet...
For Red Shoes...
An 8x10 of Swoosh for the hallway.  It's about time.
And some 4x6 prints from this fall taken by Jane McComas.
My in laws called tonight to see if I needed a break. Yes, I'm positive that I do.  Okay, that truly was the highlight of the day.  I'm planning my day right now... I won the in-law lottery that's for sure!
What about you? What's going on in your life? Tell me, I'd love to know.
Pin It

No comments: