Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Ultimate Care Package

Remember my post on making chicken noodle soup last week? 

So, over the Christmas break I was sick...like I could hardly get off the couch kind of sick.  Luckily for me, my husband was off for the week, but I was in bad shape.  I think it was Influenza, but who knows...anyway at one point I thought chicken noodle soup sounded really good. But there was NO way I could have EVER made it. We were driving back home from my parents' house (I know I gave it to most of the family, wasn't that great of me...I really do feel bad about it).  Brian offered to stop by the grocery store to buy me some canned soup.  The kids were asleep and I didn't want to wake them, and lets be honest, canned chicken noodle soup just isn't very good.  I don't think so anyway.  I thought that maybe, just maybe, I had frozen some soup in October.  My fingers were so crossed!  When I got home I found it! All I had to do was microwave it for a little bit, and like that I had really good (and comforting) chicken noodle soup. That got me thinking...what an awesome gift for someone who is under the weather.  Here's what I came up with:

1. Make soup
2. Pour into a Ziploc screw-top container (I think mine held around 2 cups of soup)
3. Print off a "get well soon" label
For some reason I had birds on the brain so this is what I looked up under Google Images.  I added the wording using Picasa.
4. Cut the label out and slap some double sided tape on the back. Then just adhere it to a Ziploc container like this:
Place the soup in your freezer and the next time you get sick or you find out that your friend/family/neighbor is sick you can take it to them and make their year.  I mean who wouldn't be thrilled to receive this when they aren't feeling good? This stuff has healing powers you know. 

If you felt like going even further you could do this:
Pin It

No comments: